in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), also known as Ultrasound, is a powerful medical imaging technique that uses sound waves to generate diagnostic pictures of the human body. As a graduate of Associate Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), you will be equipped with complete learning of all the steps, processes, and courses of action involved in performing ultrasound.
Associates Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography follows a hybrid mode. In addition to patient care, exam techniques, and medical ethics learning through virtual technologies, you will also gain real-world clinical practical experience and a chance to participate in Capstone Project at affiliated clients’ sites.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography at Stellar Career College will prepare you in accordance with the Quality Control (QC) standards, legal obligations, and patient safety protocols to position you at an entry level into medical imaging field.
Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of associate degree in ultrasound technology Indiana is to equip you with basic and fundamental knowledge of conducting medical imaging procedures. Additionally, this program will also offer real-world clinical experience.
The students of Associate Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) will:
- Acquire basic introduction to accreditation bodies and compliance standards
- Understand hardware components and functioning of ultrasound machines
- Learn to operate database and enter patient information in a pattern
- Learn how to modify the depth measurement according to the test
- Understand demonstration of indicator orientation
- Learn how to fine-tune the frequency of machines
- Understand how to position patients and ensure their comfortability
- Gain an understanding of how to save, access, and organize test images
- Interpret and establish objective criteria for accurate testing
- Develop understanding of ultrasound quality Control Standards (QC)
Program Career Opportunity
At Stellar Career College, the Associate Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography opens a wide array of opportunities for students that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Clinical Assistant
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Clinical Director
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographic Sr
- Ultrasound Technologist
- Ultrasound Specialist
- Multi-Modality Radiology Supervisor- Full Time
- Echo Vascular Sonographer
- PD-Ultrasound Technician – **Langone Orthopedic Center**
- Technologist-Radiology – Clinic – Imaging
- Cardiovascular Technician
- Pediatric Echo Sonographer
Program Course Breakdown
Associate degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) will revolve around the following courses:
- Biology and DMS Courses – 67.5 Quarter Credit Hours
- General Education Courses – 22.5 Quarter Credit Hours
Program Class Schedule
Virtual Session: Tuesday – 11:00 AM and Wednesday – 5:00 PM
Confirm Start Date: Week of October 30, 2023
Tuesday and Thursday 5 pm to 9 pm Virtual
Wednesday 4 pm to 8 pm on-campus
Start Date: Last week of October 2023
Program Admission Requirements
For admissions to an Associate Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), you must have 30 credit hours or otherwise take the Stellar Career College placement test and score 70% marks prior to enrollment. Furthermore, you will also have to take an Entrance test mandatory for Radiology and other surgical courses.
- Enrollment is open for students on any day of the week. They will also be notified about the start date after confirmation of their registration.
- You will be required to submit a high school diploma, General Education Diploma (GED), a college transcript, or an equivalent certificate.
Applicants must fill out and sign an enrollment agreement that outlines their obligations toward the institute.