in Echocardiography/Noninvasive Cardiovascular Sonographer
Echocardiography (or Echo) is another name for Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Sonography (NICVS), a diagnostic technique used to image or visualize the heart and blood vessels. It is a powerful yet authentic tool that has the ability to provide a wealth of information regarding the human heart and peripheral blood vessels.
Using a highly specialized scanner known as a transducer (or probe), which is connected to the echo machine, echocardiography (a cardiac ultrasound) is carried out. The transducer transmits high-frequency sound waves (ultrasound) into the human body after attaching to the chest’s skin. The heart and blood vessels reflect these ultrasound waves back to the transducer. The echo machine’s screen displays the images created from the sound waves from the transducer.
The echocardiography program provides a comprehensive explanation of how Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Sonography works. Stellar Career College’s cardiac ultrasound programs in Indiana enable students to develop a thorough understanding of how the diagnosis is carried out, from setting the machine’s frequencies to obtaining required results while keeping patient care intact.
Program Learning Outcomes
Our Non-invasive cardiovascular sonographer programs train its graduates to:
- Learn how to use/operate the machine
- Learn how to enter patient data or history
- Learn how to change/adjust the depth measurement
- Learn how to change/adjust the frequency
- Learn how to demonstrate the indicator orientation
- Learn image-saving techniques
- Learn how to set up objective criteria
- Learn how to position the patient for the particular test properly
- Learn the introduction & fundamentals of accreditation bodies
- Learn the Quality Control (QC) standards for the ultrasound
Program Program Career Opportunity
The Stellar Career College’s cardiovascular sonography programs open a wide array of opportunities for students that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Pediatric Echo Tech
- Echocardiography Technologist
- Echo Tech- Sonographer
- Echocardiographer, Noninvasive Cardiology, Contingent
- Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer
- Echo Technician
- Cardiovascular Supervisor – Echo
- Vascular Sonography Tech
Program Course Breakdown
Echocardiography Technologist program Indiana will include the following courses:
Technical Courses – 50 Quarter Credits Hours
Program Class Schedule
Virtual Session: Tuesday – 11:00 AM and Wednesday – 5:00 PM
August: 22, 23, 29, 30
September: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
October: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25
Mondays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Wednesdays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Thursdays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Virtual Meet and Greet: Tuesday, October 10, 2023, 5:00 PM
Tentative Start Date: Week of October 30, 2023
Program Admission Requirements
In order to enroll in echocardiography diploma, applicants must follow the following.
- Enrollment is open to students every day of the week. They will also be notified about the start date after confirmation of their registration.
- Applicants must submit a high school diploma, General Education Diploma (GED), a college transcript, or an equivalent certificate.
Applicants must fill out and sign an enrollment agreement that outlines their obligations toward the institute.