in MRI Technology
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic medical imaging procedure that uses magnetic fields and radio waves to scan human body organs and muscles. Stellar Career College offers an 18 – 24 months MRI Technology degree program that covers 90 quarter credit hours designed for both freshers and working adults.
The Associate Degree in MRI Technology covers an in-depth explanation of how to use MRI machines, frequency adjustments according to diagnoses, patient care protocols, examination procedures, results documentation and storage, Quality Control (QC) standards, safety protocols, and major medical terminologies. Ultimately, it prepares students for securing a rewarding career in the medical imaging domain of healthcare.
Program Learning Outcomes
MRI Technology Degree aims to train you with basic and fundamental knowledge of conducting medical imaging modalities. In addition, this program also offers a real-world extensive clinical experience.
The students of Associate Degree in MRI Technology will:
- Develop knowledge regarding medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Build understanding of MRI machines’ hardware components, functioning, frequency adjustment, and patient positioning
- Learn to conceptualize spatial localization, MR image formation, magnetism, and pulse sequences for the right clinical application
- Understand the variety of options available to achieve accurate MR imaging results
- Conduct diagnoses while adhering to the legal, ethical, patient convenience, and Quality Control (QC) standards.
- Learn the clinical, technical, and ethical skills required for entry-level positions in the MRI imaging field.
Program Career Opportunity
At Stellar Career College, the MRI Tech Associates Degree opens a wide array of opportunities for students that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technician
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Assistant
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Trainee
- Adjunct Instructor – Magnetic Resonance Imaging (HRLY)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist PT
- Director, Body Magnetic Resonance & Division Chief, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Medical Physicist, Open Rank
- Department Tech Assistant – Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Diagnostic Radiology Technician-Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR)
Program Course Breakdown
Associate Degree in MRI Technology will revolve around the following courses:
- Biology and MRI Technology Courses – 67.5 Quarter Credit Hours
- General Education Courses – 22.5 Quarter Credit Hours
Program Class Schedule
Virtual Session: Tuesday – 11:00 AM and Wednesday – 5:00 PM
August: 22, 23, 29, 30
September: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
October: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25
Mondays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Wednesdays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Thursdays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Virtual Meet and Greet: Tuesday, October 10, 2023, 5:00 PM
Tentative Start Date: Week of October 30, 2023
Program Admission Requirements
For admissions to an Associate Degree in MRI Technology, you must have 30 credit hours or otherwise take the Stellar Career College placement test and score 70% marks prior to enrollment. Furthermore, you will also have to take an Entrance test mandatory for Radiology and other surgical courses.
- Enrollment is open for students on any day of the week. They will also be notified about the start date after confirmation of their registration.
- You will be required to submit a high school diploma, General Education Diploma (GED), a college transcript, or an equivalent certificate.
Applicants must fill out and sign an enrollment agreement that outlines their obligations toward the institute.