in Information Systems and Cybersecurity
The Stellar Career College’s Associates of Applied Science (AAS) in Information Systems and Cybersecurity program offers problem-solving technical skills in the application of Information technology and cyber defense against malware and other malicious attacks. The degree is based on our core curriculum, national policies, and organizational security standards.
The Associates of Applied Science in Information Systems and Cybersecurity is a two-year degree program that can be taken full-time or part-time. It is designed for entry-level students and working adults. The AAS Information System and Cybersecurity training involves securing networks and computers. This process involves evaluating protocols, operating systems, hardware components, networking devices, and software tools to make a secure infrastructure. It further prepares students to take a variety of CompTIA certification examinations.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of the Associate of Applied Science in Cybersecurity and Information Systems, Graduates will be able to:
- Contribute to the evolving dimensions of Information Technology (IT) related to cybersecurity
- Utilize labs and hands-on activities with the use of industry-related certification material throughout the curriculum
- Conduct the seven main categories of cyber operations as defined by the ‘National Cybersecurity Workforce framework’ in secure provision, maintenance, and operation, protect and defend, investigate, collect, operate, analyze, and provide oversight and development
- Identify security vulnerabilities, threats, attacks, and tools to help mitigate security risks
- Provide input for information systems and cybersecurity operational plans for individuals, corporations, governmental services, and/or the national community
- Effectively communicate cyber threats and technical remediation strategies in both verbal and written formats
Program Career Opportunity
The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework and the U.S. Department of Labor have identified potential job opportunities for you for AAS Information Systems and Cybersecurity programs that include, but are not limited to:
- Information Security Analyst
- Information Systems Security Engineer
- Vulnerability and Penetration Testers
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS) administrator, engineer, or technician
- Network Administrator
- Computer Crime Investigator
The (AAS) Associates of Applied Science in Information Systems and Cybersecurity ultimately prepares entry-level computer technicians for the following industry certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Cloud+
- Ethical Hacking Essential(EHE)
- Digital Forensics Essentials(DFE)
- Certified Incident Handler(ECIH)
Program Course Breakdown
Associate Degree in Cybersecurity and Information Systems and Cybersecurity encompasses the following courses:
- General Education Core Courses – 22.5 Quarter Credit Hours
- Information Systems /Cybersecurity Core Courses – 67.5 Quarter Credit Hours
Program Class Schedule
Virtual Session: Tuesday – 11:00 AM and Wednesday – 5:00 PM
All the courses in this program can be completed asynchronously.
Students will have the option to attend Optional Live Virtual Weekly Classes or view the recordings of the live classes through LMS on their own time. Details of live virtual classes will be provided a week prior to the start of the program.
Attendance for the Live Virtual Classes is Optional.
Confirm Start Date: Week of October 30, 2023
Program Admissions Requirement
- Enrollment is open for students on any day of the week. They will also be notified about the start date after confirmation of their registration.
- You must submit a high school diploma, General Education Diploma (GED), a college transcript, or an equivalent certificate.
Applicants must fill out and sign an enrollment agreement that outlines their obligations toward the institute.
Applicants must pass the following required assessment tests:
- Stellar Career College Learning Management Orientation Completion Test
- Stellar Career College Digital Literacy Test
These assessment tests can be taken online or at the College campus by appointment. Assessment tests are offered free of cost to prospective students.