in Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (DMS)
A diagnostic technique ideally used for medical imaging procedures is Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), also known as ultrasound. It is an effective tool that can provide a great deal of information regarding the human body. The images obtained from this test aid in treating disorders such as tumor, cancer, kidney or bladder stones, blood clots, and several other abnormalities.
Students enrolled in the diagnostic medical sonographer diploma provide detailed training on how the ultrasound technique works. It will equip them to understand and adjust the frequency per the diagnosis requirements and check if the results are accurate. After completing the diagnostic medical sonographer program, graduates will be able to pursue a career as an ultrasound technician, sonography specialist, and medical imaging assistant.
Program Learning Outcomes
The Stellar Career College diagnostic medical sonographers programs Indiana aim to train you with basic and fundamental knowledge of performing ultrasounds by understanding the actual functionality of transducer and an ultrasound machine. In addition, our diploma in diagnostic medical sonographer also offers a real-world extensive clinical experience.
The students of diagnostic medical sonography program will be able to:
- Learn how to use/operate the machine.
- Learn how to enter patients’ data and information.
- Learn how to adjust/modify the depth measurement.
- Learn how to change/adjust the frequency.
- Learn how to show indicator orientation.
- Learn how to save images or photographs.
- Learn how to create objective criteria.
- Learn how to position the patient for testing purposes properly.
- Learn the fundamentals of accreditation bodies.
- Learn about the ultrasound quality Control Standards (QC).
Program Program Career Opportunity
Our diagnostic medical sonographer diploma prepares students for entry into the healthcare workforce and opens an array of career opportunities within the medicare sector.
The potential job possibilities for graduates of diploma in diagnostic medical sonographer Indiana include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ultrasound Technologist
- Medical Instrument Technician (Echocardiography)
- Rad Tech – Cardiac Sonographer
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Registered Vascular Technologist
- Breast Sonographer
- Perinatal Sonographer
- Advanced Imaging – Ultrasound Tech Assistant
Program Course Breakdown
The ultrasound technician certificate program Indiana program includes the following courses:
Technical Courses 53 Quarter Credit Hours
Program Class Schedule
Virtual Session: Tuesday – 11:00 AM and Wednesday – 5:00 PM
August: 22, 23, 29, 30
September: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
October: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25
Mondays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Wednesdays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Thursdays 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Virtual Meet and Greet: Tuesday, October 10, 2023, 5:00 PM
Tentative Start Date: Week of October 30, 2023
Program Admission Requirements
Any day of the week is applicable for students’ enrollment. The applicant will be notified about the next start date after their enrollment. Applicants for admission into the diploma in diagnostic medical sonographer are required to submit the following documents for admission:
- High school diploma
- General Education Diploma (GED)
- College transcript
- Equivalent certificate
- Applicants must fill and sign an enrollment agreement that outlines their obligations toward the institute
Applicants are required to have a valid Radiology/X-Ray License to be enrolled in diagnostic medical sonographer diploma